Do you possess a hunter mentality and have to desire to build your own career? Are you a goal-driven, motivated self-starter with a proven track record for achieving results? Do you have a record of success in negotiating, cold-calling, rapport building, and closing? If so, we are looking for an individual that realized hard work results in high reward.
This position is a commission position.
Work schedule includes regular office hours and monthly travel to trade shows and client visits.
To apply, submit your resume to Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply using your Indeed.com profile.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Continually sourcing new vendors through various avenues
- Contact regular and prospective vendors to source closeout products (based on VMI, LLC's needs)
- Qualify the product opportunity, to ensure that it fits the company's business model
- Submit purchase orders to vendors and follow up on the purchase order to either close the deal or come to a definitive conclusion that they will pass on an offer
- Conduct quality control once product is delivered to VMI, LLC. Note product may require travel to outside warehouse. If quality issues arise, buyer is responsible to resolve all issues and it needs to be approved by management before final resolution
- Identify prospective vendors by using business directories, following leads from networking, participating in organizations, and attending trade shows and conferences
- Travel to trade show events. This may involve weekend travel and approximately 3 days out of town. Buyer is responsible to book all their own travel and be mindful to keep costs reasonable
- Work with the Director of Operations to arrange and direct delivery of products
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments, and prepare purchase orders and any other forms needed to procure product
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing reports, keeping purchase records, and filing expense account reports
- Assist the controller in obtaining credit information about prospective vendor
- Must be willing and able to utilize and follow company practices and procedures for the company's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) management software system
- Must be willing to perform all required documentation and paperwork to process purchase orders and work with buyer assistant to finalize the transaction
- Work with accounting to resolve issues with a vendor
- Must be sensitive to deadlines and be proactive in processing vendor issues in a timely and professional manner
Job Type: Full Time
- Relevant: 1 year (preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (preferred)