Are you highly organized with a relentless attention to detail, have great problems solving skills, and want to join a growing company? Are you looking for a day shift position? Value Merchandise International is looking for a strong inventory specialist to join our growing team. You will be responsible for an array of functions relating to managing the inventory for the warehouse. Other tasks of include auditing of inventory, cycle counts, and ensuring proper inventory movements.
To apply, submit your resume to Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply using your Indeed.com profile.
Full Job Description
- Own inventory management for the warehouse.
- Ensure proper transaction execution for all inventory
- Generate and receive Transfer Orders from Netsuite.
- Ensures compliance of all inventory processes and
- Perform cycle counts daily.
- Count a subsequent amount of inventory every day to
ensure on-hand of selected locations are accurate physically and
systematically in Netsuite.
- Ensure proper physical controls regarding inventory are
in place and monitored.
- Perform inventory preparation and manage physical
inventory process (Weekly and Monthly).
- Update inventory management systems when Transfer
Orders or Purchase orders move in or out of location.
- Work with Receiving and Inventory Specialist to ensure
inventory is accurate at all times.
- Operate material handling equipment including use of
forklifts or other equipment with appropriate training.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as
- Review and confirm customer shortages with review of
Bins and Picking documents.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: 2 years of technical college or Associates
Degree preferred, but not required.
Experience: Knowledge of warehouse operations and
experience using Warehouse Inventory Systems.
Computer Skills: Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel is
Experience in NetSuite
Licenses : Drivers Licenses and
clean driving record is required. Individual must have own vehicle for
transportation to travel our outside warehouse. Individual will be reimbursed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Inventory Control: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Continually sourcing new vendors through various avenues
- Contact regular and prospective vendors to source closeout products (based on VMI, LLC's needs)
- Qualify the product opportunity, to ensure that it fits the company's business model
- Submit purchase orders to vendors and follow up on the purchase order to either close the deal or come to a definitive conclusion that they will pass on an offer
- Conduct quality control once product is delivered to VMI, LLC. Note product may require travel to outside warehouse. If quality issues arise, buyer is responsible to resolve all issues and it needs to be approved by management before final resolution
- Identify prospective vendors by using business directories, following leads from networking, participating in organizations, and attending trade shows and conferences
- Travel to trade show events. This may involve weekend travel and approximately 3 days out of town. Buyer is responsible to book all their own travel and be mindful to keep costs reasonable
- Work with the Director of Operations to arrange and direct delivery of products
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments, and prepare purchase orders and any other forms needed to procure product
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing reports, keeping purchase records, and filing expense account reports
- Assist the controller in obtaining credit information about prospective vendor
- Must be willing and able to utilize and follow company practices and procedures for the company's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) management software system
- Must be willing to perform all required documentation and paperwork to process purchase orders and work with buyer assistant to finalize the transaction
- Work with accounting to resolve issues with a vendor
- Must be sensitive to deadlines and be proactive in processing vendor issues in a timely and professional manner
Job Type: Full Time
- Relevant: 1 year (preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (preferred)