Join our dynamic team where you'll actively engage with both existing and potential customers, showcasing our exceptional products, handling orders, and providing ongoing support. You'll have the exciting opportunity to attend occasional trade shows in vibrant cities like Las Vegas and Chicago. We're seeking individuals with excellent communication, analytical, and negotiation skills. This full-time role offers enticing benefits such as health insurance, paid time off, and a competitive salary ranging from $60,000 to $90,000+ annually, with occasional weekend work. Compensation is 100% commission. Come be a part of our dedicated team!
To ask a question, or submit a resume, send an email to Grant McDonald at gMcDonald@valuemerch.com.
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders based on your knowledge of your customer's needs and interests.
- Arrange and follow up on sample products sent to customers based on your knowledge of their line of goods.
- Prepare sales orders and quotes
- Maintain customer information in company CRM
- Travel to company-sponsored trade shows for set-up, sales, and tear-down as needed. Typically involves traveling to Las Vegas twice a year for 3-5 days per show and Chicago 4-6 times per year for 2-3 days per show. Additional travel to customers out of town may also be required. Trade shows can include weekends.
- Identify prospective customers
- Obtain credit information about prospective customers.
- Arrange freight and routing for existing orders.
- Consult with customers after sales or contract signing to resolve problems and provide on-going customer support.
- Work with accounting to resolve shipping/billing issues.
- Work with warehouse to resolve picking/shipping issues
- Must be willing to perform all required documentation and paperwork to process sales orders including inputting data into customers shipping portals.
- Must be sensitive to deadlines and be proactive in processing customer’s credits or customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Negotiate prices with customers
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
- Active Listening: Attentive, effective communication and comprehension of others' comments.
- Analytical Skills: Problem-solving using critical thinking and reasoning.
- Oral and Written Communication: Clear, concise communication in both spoken and written forms.
- Detail Orientation: Attentiveness to project/task minutiae.
- Customer Focus: Prioritizing customer needs while adhering to company procedures.
- Ethical Conduct: Demonstrating behavior in line with values and accepted standards.
- Trade Show Expertise: Engaging with diverse audiences to advocate VMI's mission and products.
- Negotiation Skills: Ability to bargain with customers over price of goods.